www.flickr.com
www.markherrmann.com's photos More of www.markherrmann.com's photos

Thursday, May 25, 2006

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING....



Hey, no laughing. I know the photo is a little cheesy, but it does the job.
Thanks to Kyle MacDonald at oneredpaperclip.com, for the opportunity to spend an afternoon with rock legend Alice Cooper. alicecooper.com No doubt, this will be a day I will NEVER forget.
So, you want the story behind the KISS snow globe. Besides being a huge Alice Cooper fan, I am also a photographer. My main interest is concert photography. Over the past two years, I've found out that it is hard to get a photo pass for concerts. I contacted record companies through phone calls and email. Usually, they don't want to bother with you unless you are working for a magazine or newspaper. Magazines and newspapers won't hire you unless you have experience. Its a no win situation.
One day on the way to work, I caught the end of Kyle's interview on the Bob and Tom Show. When he said he was trading for an afternoon with Alice Cooper, I knew immediately that this could be my ticket to a career in the photography business. I thought of things all day that I could trade. I didn't know if Kyle was looking for value or a good trade to keep people on their toes. Then, I thought of my cool KISS snow globe. It's electric, and has a fan in the bottom to keep the snow/glitter spinning. The colors are constantly changing through the guitar and KISS logo inside. Who wouldn't want one!
I sent Kyle an email with some picture. A few days later I called to make sure he received the email. My five minute call quickly turned into a two hour conversation. He seemed to like the snow globe from the beginning.
Now it is Wednesday night. I have so much energy, I know I won't sleep at all tonight. Can you imagine spending the afternoon with Alice Cooper. I'm prepared for anything and everything.
Since this site is new, I don't have many photos to post right now. Keep checking back for the photos of Alice Cooper. If you have any connections with other bands that need a photographer, please let me know. Again, I have many plans, so keep checking back for new developments.

Take care and thanks again for visiting my site. Sincerely, Mark redkiss197555@hotmail.com

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Congrats on the trade and good luck with AC! There's a lot of people who wish they were you right now!

Saturday, May 27, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

Mark, you're a lucky man!

Saturday, May 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I would love to buy some photos of Alice when you get them.

Sunday, May 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAME, You are the douchbag that all the real photogs at concerts hate, You have no fucking reason to be there taking up space in the pit while the real photog's are trying to make a living and are working for mags and etc., You just get in the way and have no clue. You are the same as all the n00bs, you get a chance to shoot one concert and you think you are hot shit and have what it takes, well im here to tell you that you are not judging by your photos. You will never make it anywhere in this industry. Give up and stop getting in the way.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, Mark!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't listen to that ASSHOLE who says to quit. If he were a real professional, he'd realize that someone with your enthusiasm for learning the craft is the kind of person his industry needs and that people with attitudes like his are what really makes it hard for others shooters to do their job. Have fun and let us see what you shoot with Alice! (by the way, this story got "dugg" on digg.com and they think you stole this day with Alice...)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im with anonymous, but ill be nice about it, you really have no buisness in this buisness.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, you must be the luckiest guy evah! was thinking about offering a kidney for an afternoon with alice....but mom wouldn't have it, damnit. ;O)
oh well, at least give us some reeeeally nice and exclusive photos of him, okay? have fun!

Friday, June 02, 2006  
Blogger perchance said...

Good luck to you. But I've got to say, what the hell is with those two negative comments, especially chris schwegasshole - why would someone say you have no business in the business? That's a pretty strong mean statement. Whatever happened to cutting someone a break and encouraging them? Don't listen to jerks like that. Especially when they can't spell. I think your photos are awesome.

Sunday, June 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mark. Maybe if you don't get rich taking pictures of rock singers, you will take pictures of me naked. That would rule. PS, I'm a boy. ;)

Wednesday, June 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why was my comment removed? I did not say anything offensive, in fact I complemented Mark on the trade and defended him against the idiot who insulted him. My other comments were also not offensive. All I said was the web site needs to be changed a bit so it is easier to read. I'm confused.

Jeremy from Australia.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the deal with "naked boy"? Don't think you really want to take pics of him. Maybe some Playboy model will call you to have some pics made. You never know. Bill in California

Thursday, June 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home